The All Round Canary Island is a regatta for VOR 65-70 and Multihull class boats and other class to be held in Canary island waters from 13 th to 17th December 2023 both included.
This event is organized by the Royal Canary Sailing Federation, Royal Yacht Club of Arrecife (Lanzarote), and Calero Marinas with collaboration of Government of the Canary Islands and Royal Spanish Sailing Federation.
|VOR 65-70 CLASS||2.500€|
|OTHER CLASS 40 - 60 FEET||200€|
The person responsible for each boat must register and sign the Entry Form and Acceptance of liability forms before 20.00 hours on 12th December 2023 and upload it to the Private Area on the club website. All registration procedures can be made online.
Registration is subject to the Organizing Committee’s approval of the documents detailed below. The owner or person representing the boat must upload these documents to the "online" registration area at www.federacioncanariadevela.org
|Wednesday,13th december||11.00h to 18.00h
|Race office open
Briefing and cocktail
|Thursday, 14th december||10.00h||Start Race|
|Friday,15th december||12.00h||Start race Lanzarote Challenge|
|Sunday, 17th december||14.00h to 19.00h||Limit race
Prize Giving Ceremony
|CLASS||NUMBER OF RACES|
|VOR 65-70||1 Race|
|OTHER CLASS||1 Race|
Results for will be established according:
11.1 All boats whose entry is accepted in the regatta will be provided with a reserved berth at RFCV from 10th December to 20th December 2023.
11.2 Berths will be free of charge during this period and will be taken under the entire responsibility of the owner or the skipper of each participating boat.
11.3 The ORGANISING AUTHORITY may consider special cases and reserves the right to assign berths in strict order of reception of entries, in accordance with the boat’s size and draught.
11.4 In case of urgent need of hauling out, the person responsible for the boat will make everything possible to inform the Race Officer by radio, telephone or any other means. If not possible, the authorisation may be requested later.
Sailing is by its nature an unpredictable sport and therefore inherently involves an element of risk. Sailors and support personnel taking part in the regatta do so at their own risk. Attention is drawn to RRS Rule 3, which states:
- The responsibility for a boat’s decision to participate in a race or to continue racing is hers alone.
By taking part in the Event, each competitor agrees and acknowledges that:
- They are aware of the inherent element of risk involved in the sport and accept responsibility for the exposure of themselves, their crew and their boat to such inherent risk whilst taking part in the Event.
- They are responsible for the safety of themselves, their crew, their boat and their other property whether afloat or ashore.
- They accept responsibility for any injury, damage or loss to the extent caused by their own actions or omissions.
- By participating in any race they are satisfied that the boat is in good order, equipped to sail in the Event and that they are fit to participate.
- The provisions of a race management team, safety boats, judges and other officials and volunteers by the race organiser does not relieve them of their own responsibilities.
- The provision of safety boats is limited to each assistance, particularly in extreme weather conditions, as can be practically provided in the circumstances.
- It is their responsibility to familiarise themselves with any risk specific to the venue or the Event drawn to their attention in any rules and information produced for the venue or the Event and to attend any safety briefing held for the Event
The image rights of the Regatta belong only and exclusively to RFCV and the RFEV.
Participants authorize the Sponsor(s) and the Organising Authority to use their name and image or that of the boat on which they participate in the regatta in any text, image or video to be published or broadcasted in any media (including written press, TV advertising or Internet) as well as editorial comments, information or advertising. Furthermore, competitors’ name and biographical material can be used or reproduced by any known media.
Competitors commit to not doing or allowing any reproduction or public communication action, nor distribution of the event images without prior authorization from RFCV.
All advertising actions unrelated to the event sponsor, the clubs and the Organising Committee, carried out in the Club premises or allocated pontoons by competitors, their sponsors or persons, entities or organizations directly or indirectly linked to them, must have the prior written authorization from the Organising Authority.
Non-compliance of this rule will result in the automatic exclusion from the regatta of the boat displaying the advertising purpose of the action, with no refund of the entry fee.
- The prize giving ceremony will be held once the overall results have been posted on Sunday 17th December 2023.
- The Social Events scheduled during the racing days will be posted on the Official Notice Board and official web site.